Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: What's better? Burger or Pizza?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Yep, I know it sounds completely irrelevant on this board, but, then again, it isn't such a stupid question when you think about it...

    Change the word "Burger" for the word "PC", and the word "Pizza" for "Mac", and hey! Presto! An irrelevant, stupid question!

    Change "Burger" for "Film" and "Pizza" for "Video", again another I.S.Q!

    Burger / D8
    Pizza / DV - Same rule applies...

    My philosophy, I like to eat both Burger and Pizza in the same meal... So why do we spend so many hours reading through an age-old argument, when we should be using whatever media we can?!

    If you have an old Film camera, as well as a DV, mix the footage! You can come up with some excellent results!

    If you are using a Mac edit suite, you can also use a PC to maybe do titles, etc...

    In stead of asking what's better, maybe we should be saying
    "I've got a Pizza, I'll let you have a slice if I can have some of your Burger!"

    Happy Eating! [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    WHAT. IN. THE. NAME. OF. CHUFF, ARE YOU ON ABOUT?

    Despin out.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Vertino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 1999
    Posts
    388
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Depends on which burger you're talking about?!

    MacDonalds = Windows
    Burger King = Linux

    CHUFF CHUFF!

    I'd agree with you... if your production is on a shoestring budget - there shouldn't be any other option than get your hands on whatever you can to make your movie!

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    my next laptop may be a mac
    http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/ma.../keynotes.html

    BUT

    i despise 'aqua' with a passion, can you turn it off in OS-X ??

    can i plug in a three button USB mouse and get right-click context sensitive menus and use the scrollwheel for, um, scrolling?

    seriously, these are the only TWO things (apart from the prices -- which steadily get better with time) that stop me trading in my dual-boot Linux/Windows laptop for a Mac where I get all my proprietry software (including Premiere?) and all my hacking tools on one OS :-D

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Vertino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 1999
    Posts
    388
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by miker:
    my next laptop may be a mac
    seriously, these are the only TWO things (apart from the prices -- which steadily get better with time) that stop me trading in my dual-boot Linux/Windows laptop for a Mac where I get all my proprietry software (including Premiere?) and all my hacking tools on one OS :-D
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Pizza Hut?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member zTolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 1999
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like homemade pizza better than cheap burgers or frozen pizza.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member andy_winton's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 1999
    Posts
    240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    miker, I guess you dislike the look of aqua
    interface and not aqua itself. Aqua basically
    uses an alpha channel at its window manager
    level, so you can get all pretty watery buttons.

    I'd hate to use an analogy but it's like saying
    you hate bread but liking pizzas and burgers. :-)

    andy

    PS: I've been more than impressed with my mac,
    from pretty interface to the rock solid dev
    environment. Pushing this analogy further I
    have been to burger king and then had food
    poisoning, but I've never tasted anything as
    clean and as fresh as a nice juicy apple.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •